Monday, September 15, 2008

Luv'n U Luv'n Me

Here's the scoop. (I know you've been waiting on pins and needles to find out what happened.) On my b-day eve, which was Saturday we decided it would be a good idea to open my presents. This is because we are still trying to sell our house (I SCREAM to the universe "MY HOUSE IS SOLD!") and were having an open house on Sunday and opening up presents would take up too much time ;)

Reese got me a bouquet of flowers. She was so proud of them and they are beautiful. I've always been a sucker for flowers. Ashlynn got me a gift-cert to itunes. How fun, and she's so excited to see what songs I buy. Josie got me a jogging stroller. Totally fun for me cuz I'm trying to get back to running and awesome for her cuz it has a built in ipod deck so she can listen to music. Rich got me a handsfree thing for my phone so I can finally talk in the car without worrying about getting in trouble!

Then Rich's surprise was that he got everything we needed for a picnic and took us up to Mt. Rainier to go for a little hike. It was a great day!!!

And also fun...the gifts that are still coming from the 14 days of Shannon....our night out at Phantom and also I thought I deserved a real haircut-so I scheduled a hair apt with my favorite stylist ever....but also the most $$$ one I've been to. So she's a real treat.

I know I make a huge deal about the things I got but I'm not all materialistic. I KNOW it's really a privilege to have the life I have. A caring husband, healthy children, the opportunity to stay at home with my kiddies, an amazingly loving family of bro's and sissies. And I appreciate all I have.

Thanks for the LUV everyone! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great couple of weeks.

Zappe Family said...

Fun, fun! I'm so impressed with all the fun things! Lovin' the jog stroller! :) It's so great! If you're still around, we'll have to head out for a jog! :)

Happy Birthday!

Sarah J. said...

Loved your new jogger today! I was a wee-bit jealous hearing you rock out to tunes as you walked... I have to listen to my own thoughts. Hmmm... Glad your birthday was great- you very blessed and deserve all of it.

Unknown said...

Oh sis, doesn't materialism just MAKE YOU CRY????? (wink)

ANyway- all of these are such impressive gifts- I would love any of those things too (except I don't have a baby for the stroller) BUT any running gear would SCORE big points.
HOWEVER the thing that impresses me most is the PICNIC. WHY? you may ask....well-becasue that requires planning, shopping, packing, thinking of dishes, drinks, etc..... I am not sure how many hubby's can pull it off! Sounds so great....

sellthehousesellthehousesellthehouse

LisaM said...

Happy belated birthday, dear Shanni!!! I tried to log on from the "free internet point" at my hotel -- but did you know the French have different keyboards than we do?? I was amazingly naive. The letters were all mixed around. And somehow I kept hitting just the right secret combination of keys to boot me off and/or freeze up the screen!! Grrr. I finally had to give it up.